Wednesday, January 14, 2009

P.S.

My mind was preoccupied last night and I left out a major part of my story about my trip to Wal-Mart.

When I was walking into the store, I saw a woman get out of her mini-van and walk into the store. She got onto one of the previously mentioned motorized shopping cart scooters, and away she went. I saw her a few minutes later when I was walking down the rice and pasta aisle, looking for some instant brown rice. I passed by her and she caught my attention and asked if I could grab a box of Zatteran's Cheesy Jambalaya for her. For an instant, I could not breathe. I had just seen this woman walking as well as I was from her car to the motorized shopping cart scooter - so I know she was fully capable of walking, but instead was apparently too damned lazy to get up and take three steps and get a box of sodium-filled jambalaya. I resisted the urge and didn't say a word; I just grabbed the box and handed it to her and walked off.

There's the rest of the story.

1 comment:

Toots said...

We are the fattest country in the world. 300,000 people a year die from weight related illnesses. That's 1200 per day!!

I don't know what it's going to take for our society to get up off the couch (or scooters) and MOVE!

Thank you Puddin, for the motivation you gave me one year ago. Keep on taking care of yourself and inspiring people, that's really about all any of us can do!