Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Puddin's 24 Hour Fitness Update

Before I go any farther, let me explain the meaning behind the title "Puddin's 24 Hour Fitness." It comes from "Biggest Loser" - the gym where the contestants work out under the watch of my new icon Jillian Michaels is called 24 Hour Fitness, so that's where I got the title from. that having been said, on with the update.

It's been 24 hours (no pun intended) since the first ride on the new recumbent bike, and I will still say that it kicked my ass. Today, it felt like I had done about an hour's worth of ab crunches. But it was a good feeling. I couldn't wait to get home tonight to change clothes and climb up on the seat and have another round. It was one hell of a workout. I will repeat that when I was riding ten miles a day on the old exercise bike, I thought I was doing something great; not to be too hard on myself, I will say yes, it was great that I rode ten miles on the exercise bike, when I could have been spending that time sitting on my ass. But the workout that you get on a recumbent bike takes it to a whole other level. I was really feeling it in my legs and feet today, so I stopped after only eight miles, and vowed that I would continue with eight miles a day for a few more days, and then will increase my daily mileage and work my way back up to ten miles.

It bears repeating -- the recumbent bike is definitely the way to go. Who knows? Later on in the spring, I might even buy a recumbent regular bike to ride out on the bike path. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: