Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Storm 09, Day 3

Here's what I saw yesterday afternoon as I looked down my driveway when I got home from work. Believe me - it looked way worse in the daylight than it did when I left for work yesterday morning. And this is only part of it - there was another pile of limbs this same size farther up the driveway.

If you look in the top right corner of the picture, you can see more limbs and a small tree down, and if you look at the left, you can see two gigantic limbs down across the top of my Blazer underneath the carport.

But when JW dropped me off this afternoon after work, it was a different sight - Dad and PS next door had spent most of the afternoon clearing the limbs off of the driveway. So now other than dealing with the snow and ton of ice, we're able to get out of the driveway. But we're not in the clear quite yet; they're calling for high winds tonight, so that means there will probably be more ice-covered limbs down on the driveway tonight. But if the driveway is clear in the morning, I'm going to be brave and attempt to drive the Blazer to work. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I am so sorry you are having such problems with the ice storms! I hope you will weather the next one! Blessings!