Thursday, April 12, 2007

You Get What You Deserve

Other than the news about Larry Birkhead being the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby, the big news this week has been about radio talk show guy Don Imus running his mouth.  Last week, he popped off and called the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy headed ho's" and has gotten into major trouble for it.  MSNBC has dropped him, and CBS has given him the boot, too.  But to me, the part that offends me most is not that he called that womens basketball team a bunch of nappy headed ho's; what bothers me most is his hair.  I haven't seen hair like that since the 80s big hair rock bands on MTV.  And he makes it even worse when he wears that ridiculous cowboy hat.  In case he hasn't looked in a mirror in awhile, he's not a twenty-something from the 1980s; he's an old guy in 2007 that needs to look his age.  So note to Don Imus:  I'd be very careful about saying someone is a nappy headed ho if I had big unruly hair like you do.  And one more thing - what's with the turned-up collars on your coats?  In case nobody has told you this is 2007 - it isn't 1984.  You need to get with the times. 

No comments: