Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Think I'm Having An Anxiety Attack

It's been one heck of a work week, faithful readers.  And it's only Wednesday; we have two more work days to make it through.  We've had record days for sales and shipping at work with all of the pumps we've sold and shipped up to the northeast after their big storms.  Add to that the fact that our boss is on vacation this week and we've been taking care of problem calls that she normally handles.  Yep, it's been a long week.  And on top of being busy at work, I've been all nerved up.  Actually, I've been nerved up for a couple of weeks now.  "What's wrong, Puddin?" you might be asking.  It's Thunder week - that's what's wrong.

I get nerved up like this every year that my School Friends and I have gone to Thunder Over Louisville.  Come to think of it, I get nerved up anytime the School Friends plan any type of outing.  But that's another story.  I enjoy spending the day down on the river front and going to the Bats game, not to mention getting to see firsthand the country's largest annual firework's display.  But the days leading up to Thunder make me a nervous wreck. My stomach hass been in knots all day long, and as I type this I have indigestion so bad I'm going to have to drink some club soda for some relief.  I feel like I'm getting ready to have an anxiety attack. 

Part of me wants to go, but part of me wants to stay home and avoid all of the traffic.  Last year on our way out of the parking lot, we had to inch our way through a sea of people who were pretty pissed that an SUV was trying to get out the same way as they were.  The people started banging on the Blazer and called me everything but a white woman as I was trying to get out of the parking lot.  At that moment, I vowed never again.   But I caved in and agreed to go.  I'm the only one of this group that has an SUV so I get roped into driving and hauling our tailgating gear.  If someone else drove, I'd be curled up in the back seat sleeping through all of the traffic. 

I just spoke with one of the School Friends and gave them my final decision: I would be going.  I also laid down the law; I told them that we would have the Blazer packed and ready to pull out of the lot before the fireworks start at 9:30.  The fireworks last a half an hour, so I've decided that at about 9:50 we'll all pile in the Blazer and head out of the parking lot while the masses are still watching the grand finale.  That way we'll avoid all of the traffic and the mass exodus of people.  It sounds like a pretty good plan to me.  I'll report back Sunday and let you know if my plan worked or not. In the meanwhile, I'm going to get my club soda and take some Zantac. 

 

No comments: