Monday, June 1, 2009

New Developments Update

When we last spoke about my New Development of going back to school for a second Master's Degree, I had made the decision not to go back, mainly for financial reasons. I made peace with the decision, but something inside of me was still all stirred up and I really still wanted to go back. So I thought long and hard about it, and prayed earnestly about it and basically just asked God to give me a tangible, visible sign if going back to school was what I was supposed to do right now at this point in my life. And I took it one step further - I prayed that if this was in deed what I was supposed to do, that God would help make a way for me to do it financially.

This morning, I called the school with the intent of telling them that I was officially withdrawing (note: I refuse to use the phrase "drop out.") The lady pulled up my records and then said "You might want to reconsider withdrawing." And then she hit me with the news that I had received a $5,000 grant from the government, and that I was eligible for a scholarship from the university for returning students, that would give me half-price tuition. Well, faithful readers, I believe that was the sign that I'd been looking for.

I got some more information, and then immediately logged in to the online classroom, printed out my syllabus and first week's assignments and tonight I officially started working on my Master's of Arts in Business and Organizational Security Management. Please pray for me and wish me luck during the next two and a half years. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: