Thursday, June 4, 2009

I've Got This One

Police Say There is No Credible Threat to Louisville
Connection investigated to possible terror suspect

Thursday, June 4, 2009
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--Louisville was apparently on the radar of a possible terror suspect, but Metro Police are saying there is no credible threat to the city. 23-year old Abdulhakim Muhammad is charged with killing a soldier at a Little Rock recruiting office this week. He had apparently Googled several sites, including Louisville. Authorities are investigating if the sites might have been possible targets.

Authorities are not releasing the particular site in Louisville, but say there is no reason to fear for anyone's safety. They believe Muhammad was working alone.

Muhammad apparently also searched sites in Memphis, Atlanta, Little Rock, New York, and Philadelphia. Locations include military recruiting centers, Jewish organizations, a Baptist church, and a child-care center.

Muhammad apparently said he was angry at the treatment of Muslims.

I know I've only had one class so far in Security Magement, but I think I've learned enough to make sure the 'Ville is secure. I say bring it on, big boy.

No comments: