Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Day Of Feeling Blah

I woke up this morning great - my sinus pain that had plagued me yesterday was gone, thank goodness, and ol' Arthur Itis had left me alone, too. On the way to work, I kept telling myself that that it was going to be a good day. That slowly changed as news started to trickle in from The Compound and elsewhere.

The first blah news had to do with a dear friend. I respect their privacy on this matter, and will not even use their initials nor go into detail about their blah news. But suffice to say it made me feel very blah out of solidarity for them. I know that's a tad bit unfair to mention it so vaguely like that, but this is my blog and I can be as vague or as open as I want. Moving on.

The second and most blah news came a few hours later when I found out that our beloved Miss Rosemary (who lives in the middle house of The Compound, between us and Rocky the dog) was taken to the hospital. She's 94 years old and had the same symptoms that my Grandma had when we took her to the hospital before she eventually had to go to the nursing home. The name for the medical condition is a mile long but it basically is a condition they find in most elderly people where their bodies get old and worn out and they don't produce as much blood as needed. We're waiting for updates right now from Miss Rosemary's kids, but if you ask me, I have a feeling that she won't be back home.

I'm a firm believer that there is no such thing as coincidence, but it was 20 years today that Mom took Grandma to the doctor and then on to the hospital and then eventually on to the nursing home, and the news of Miss Rosemary has brought back some feelings that Mom, Dad and I thought that we'd been able to move past. We were all three unusually quiet at supper, and as soon as we were finished eating, the three of us went out separate ways here at The Compound. I went to the computer room, Dad went out to the garden, and Mom went for a walk, each of us dealing with those feelings in our own way. I heard Mom and Dad come back in the house together, and I walked out to the family room where we had a silent group hug.

No comments: