Monday, June 15, 2009

Customer Service Hell

I found myself in a never-ending customer service hell loop this morning. I spent all morning trying (emphasis on the word "trying") to get all of my financial aid crap taken care of, and I'm pretty sure I was talking to a woman who was in New Delhi, India. If she had even half as hard of a time understanding me as I was understanding her, then it's no wonder we couldn't communicate. I won't bore you with the details but at one point, people down the hall from my cube at work could hear me yelling "You don't understand what I'm trying to say." After hanging up and calling back three more times, I finally got someone who I could understand and got the answers and information I needed. But for the one hour and six minutes I was on the phone with the Indian woman, well, let me say I'm surprised that I didn't gnaw off all of my fingernails.

After making another call back this afternoon, everything is all in order, and my tuition will be paid. In the end, I guess that's all that really matters.

1 comment:

Blgmama said...

I don't know if there's any truth in this, but I've gotten emails stating if you're talking to an American company, you can ask to speak to an American service rep...and they must let you speak to one (it's worth a try)