Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cable Issues, Day Four

This morning before I left for work, I thought our cable issues were over - the phone worked and I had internet connection. That was long-lived, when I tried to call home and the phone was out. Luckily for us, a technician was on the way. I got a call from her at about 2:30, saying she was in the driveway of The Compound. I left work and zoomed home so I could supervise. After just a few minutes, she was able to accurately diagnose the problem - she said that we were getting too strong of a signal, and that was causing the problem. She also was hacked off because the other two technicians had slacked off and didn't do the proper tests. She called her supervisor and reported all of this, and then called their maintenance department and put in a work order for them to come out and make some type of adjustment on the cables or receivers or whatever the hell it is out on the utility pole.

I went back to work, and within a few minutes of being back at my desk, Mom called to say that we had connection once again, and that the maintenance guy just left from making his adjustments. As soon as I got home I called today's technician's supervisor and told him what an awesome and thorough job she did, and just to bring him up to snuff on this whole situation, I told him all of the calls, problems, and visits from their technicians that we've had for almost a week now. He assured me that it was taken care of, and gave me his cell number with instructions to call if it goes out again. For his sake, he better hope it doesn't.

No comments: