Saturday, June 6, 2009

Good News For A Change

As you know from many previous posts, I've had more than my share of vehicle issues, most of them costly. For the past two months, the BMW has been sitting under the carport, dead as a doornail due to some battery and alternator issues. I kept procrastinating and putting off taking it up to my cousin The Mechanic so he could test it to see what the problem was. This week I got fed up with not being able to drive my Beemer so Thursday night I hooked up the battery charger and lo and behold after a few hours she started right up. I drove it to work Friday so I could stop by my cousin's after work, and on the way to work and over to his house I drove with no radio, no a/c, and basically nothing on but the engine, but we made it.

He tested the alternator and said it was fine. What? Did my cousin just say that the $$$$ alternator was fine? I almost did a cart wheel. He then tested the battery and said it was ok, too, but it was a little low. The only thing he told me to do was to put the charger back on it when I got home and let it charge up over night. So for once, I was able to get good news back from a BMW diagnosis. She got washed and waxed today, too. I'm sure being all shined up makes her happy. I know her starting without the use of jumper cables makes me happy.

No comments: