Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cable Issues, Day Three

Actually this is the third day we've had cable issues at The Compound. The major problems started Sunday, so this would technically be the third day. As of now, the signal from the cable lines are intermittent. It depends on which way the wind is blowing as to whether or not the phone will work or if I can get internet connection.

A repairman came out today and said that the box on the side of the house was old and "outdated" and needed to be replaced. He also reported that the cables and lines inside the box were loose. Wow. That explains a lot. He tightened them up and said he put in an order for a new box, and that a repairman would be out tomorrow to install it.

All I know is that it sucks not being able to use the phone or internet when you pay out the ass for their service. I'm more riled up over it working intermittently than if it were just totally out.
But hopefully tomorrow it will all be better and I can go back to being a calm person.

I do have one humorous event to report from all of the cable issues. This morning, Dad called me at work from the phone that was at that moment in time working. He said that Insight just called the house phone (the one that was reported as not working) and asked if the phone was working. There's not much I can say about that.

No comments: