Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad

TWIT would like to wish a very happy 51st anniversary to my 'Rents. Yep, today marks 51 years since the day they said "I do."

This morning as I was getting ready to go to work, I asked both of them something that I've never asked them before -- "How'd you do it?" They looked at each other for a quick second and didn't hesitate to answer me. Dad simply said "We love the Lord, and we love each other and you unconditionally." And Mom said "We made a pact that we would never go to bed when we were mad at each other. And we never have. And we never have had a sleepless night, either."

There's not much more I can say about that except I'm proud and honored to have you as parents. Thank you for defying the odds 51 years ago when people told you it would never last. You sure proved them wrong.

1 comment:

Blgmama said...

Happy Anniversary Puckets