Friday, June 12, 2009

Flashback Friday

As I drove home today, I was ecstatic that there were no school buses to deal with out on the roads - this week was the first full week of the school kids' summer vacation. As I was driving home, I started thinking back to all of the summer vacations I had when I was a kid, and wondered "What are the kids going to do?" Then I thought of all of the fun stuff I did during summer vacation - Vacation Bible School was always a favorite, followed by going down to Grayson County every other week to spend the weekend with Dad's uncle Paul and aunt Sybil. I'm sorry to disappoint my parents, but when I think of summer vacation, I think of VBS and going down to uncle Paul's for the weekend. Sure, our two trips across country and our trip to Canada are some of my fondest memories as a kid, but I still think of VBS and going down to uncle Paul's when I think of summer.

This week's Flashback Friday is going to involve you, my faithful readers. What are some your favorite flashback summer vacation memories?

1 comment:

Toots said...

Playing in Brenda W's garage. It was a one car garage built on to the house, and they didn't park their car inside. In the summer we'd raise the door and play all day. We'd set up Barbie cities for a week and all bring our gear. We'd set up a school house for a week and all be teachers. Sometimes paper dolls, sometimes "country", sometimes restaurant. But whatever the scene at Brenda's garage, all four of us buddies would bring our transistor radios each day and synchronize to WAKY or WKLO.

Good times.