Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday Updates

Yesterday was not a good day, faithful readers.  I was very distracted and rattled and didn't post last night.  Reason being, on my way home from work yesterday, I stopped at the grocery store down the road from my office to pick up a few things we needed.  When I got back in the Blazer to leave, I noticed that someone had hit my passenger-side mirror and ripped it off.  It was flopping around, only held on by the wires.  Great.  

I was so frustrated and didn't think much more about it last night, and this morning I called the grocery store and spoke with the manager.  I told him what happened and asked if he could please check the security camera footage to see if they could see someone breaking off my mirror.  He told me to call back later.  I wasn't real thrilled with "Lamont's" attitude.  But before I left work today, I called the store back and "Lamont" had already left, but "Josh" the assistant manager was there.  I told Josh the story, and he asked if I could come by right then and look at the security camera footage with him.  I was there in less than 5 minutes.

We looked at the video, and sure enough, you could see someone hitting and breaking off my mirror.  At first, Josh said for me to submit the bill through the store, and they wound in turn submit it through the property's owner.  But after a few minutes, Josh said forget that, and told me that the store would pay me directly for the mirror repair.  He told me to give him a copy of the bill and they would cut me a check for the amount.  

I ask you - how could you ask for better customer service than that?

No comments: