Thursday, July 2, 2015

A Change Of Heart

The other morning, I stopped at McD's drive-thru on the way to work for an Egg McMuffin and my fave Orange Hi-C.  As I pulled on up to pay, and there was on car ahead of me paying.  There was a couple and most likely their son in the car.  They paid for their food, and then I noticed they didn't drive on up to the pick-up window.  They waited for the clerk to come back to the window.  The clerk came back, and I saw her hand the driver (most likely the father/husband) a sales ticket.  Of course, I was growing impatient by the minute. The two of them had a short conversation, and of course, I grew more impatient.  The man handed her his debit card a second time, she handed him another sales ticket and then he drove up to pick up his food.  I finally drove up to the window, and as I was handing my debit card to the clerk, she said "Your order has been paid for by the car in front of you.  Please drive on up to the next window."  

Wow. You read about people "paying it forward" but I never imagined it would happen to me.  I was actually in shock, or else I would have paid for the car behind me to keep the trend going.  After my shock was over, I felt pretty crappy for being impatient as I waited for the car in front of me. But on my next trip to the McD's drive-thru, I paid it forward and paid for the order from the car behind me in line. 

No comments: