Sunday, July 26, 2015

Happy Life Day

Happy Life Day, everyone!! It's going to be an awesome Life Day for me. July 26 is the anniversary of my horrible car wreck, and on this day every year I celebrate life. Some might think that's morbid or gross, but on this day every year I celebrate life.

In case you don't know, I was almost killed in a wreck 23 years ago today. I had to have my right foot rebuilt, and was off from work for almost six months. But thanks to the Lord and my surgeon, the only after affects are arthritis in that foot.

Every year on my Life Day, I celebrate life. Today, I will celebrate by being with some of my favorite people - the 'Rents, Diva Stacy, and my church family at WSBC.  Life Day celebrating will continue later this week when I get to spend some time with another one of my favorite people, Ange.

I think back to that evening back in 1992, and want to thank Patty and Michael for being there for my parents - not only on that night, but in the weeks and months ahead during my rehab. I thank Dr. Henry for putting my foot back together, and I thank the Lord for healing, and for giving me the chance to celebrate.

No comments: