Monday, July 6, 2015

Mulligan Monday

Can I get a Mulligan today?  In case you aren't familiar with golf terms, a Mulligan is where you get a do-over after you had a golf stroke that failed miserably.  I'd like a Mulligan today.

At lunch, I almost caught the lunchroom on fire.  I had some leftover carry-out pizza in the toaster oven warming up, but the pizza had about three times the normal amount of cheese on it, and it dripped down and hit the heating elements in the toaster oven and caused a yucky smell to drift through the first floor of the office building.  We were never in danger of any real fire, but it sure did smell rank for a bit.

Then, I had to call the IT department to kill my system software that was running because I accidentally started printing out 19,994 pages of a report.  It took about a half an hour of emails and phone calls to the IT people to get this stopped; of course, the printer had run out of paper and I didn't want to put another ream of paper in the printer and have it start spewing out the rest of the 19,994 pages of the report.  But after the IT people told me to unplug the printer, wait ten minutes, and plug it in,  everything was fine.

Then at supper tonight, we were watching the 6:00 news as a block of businesses downtown were on fire.  I sure am glad I stayed away from Whiskey Row or else they would have said it was my fault.


No comments: