Wednesday, October 30, 2013

You Know Why I Didn't Go To Recess In School? Part Two

Because I don't play.

Here's what happened the second time someone tried (key word) to play me last week.  It didn't work, either.

J is a childhood friend that I have known since I was old enough to actually know a person.  His family was like second family to us.  We still keep in touch with J's sister and mother, and we talk with them once every few months, but I haven't spoken or seen J in probably over 30 years.  The 30 years is a key part of this story. 

Last Monday, out of the blue, J sent me a Facebook friend request.  I didn't think anything of it, and accepted it.  Within minutes of me accepting the friend request, J posted something on my Facebook timeline, and I quote: "hi, Puddin. long time no see! sorry i did not get back to you sooner but been busy out job hunting. it rough out there but must keep hopeing and praying. take care and i will will shout you later.

I didn't post any comments.  The next day, J posted again "hey carla stopped your work and droped off a resume. here hopeing for good luck."  So NOW I know why J suddenly out of the blue gets in touch with me after 30 years.  This time, I did comment.  I simply said "Why didn't you ask the receptionist to page me.  I would have liked to say hi."   His reply was "didn't want to be a pain."  Well, it's a bit too late for that, J.  I would have much rather him been straight up about it and called me and said "I'm going to put my resume in at your company tomorrow.  I know it's been a long time, but I need a job and would appreciate any help you could give me by putting in a good word."   Don't piss on my leg and then tell me that it's raining, J. 

No comments: