Thursday, October 24, 2013

Parking Lot Crash of 2013 Update

It's been a week since the big parking lot crash at work.  During the week I've run the gamut on emotions -- I've gone from sad to mad and just about everything in between.  But over the weekend I got it all out of my system and calmed down and started to sort through it all.

Tuesday before leaving work, I got a call from the insurance company saying that my Blazer was totaled.  Really?  Like I didn't see that coming.  On the way home I stopped at the body shop across the street from the office where the Blazer is now residing, and talked to the manager.  He said that it could be repaired.  He said that thanks to it being an older model, it's sturdier and has more metal than new models, and that's what saved it from even more damage.  He went on to say that they would work with me all they could, and I told him that I had no problem with any used parts.   

Yesterday at work, I was talking with one of my trusted advisers - a friend in the Engineering department - and he gave me a great idea: he suggested I talk to the body shop and see if they would accept my BMW (that can't be driven for more than a mile without overheating) in trade for the repair work on my Blazer.  Why didn't I think of that?  

So after work yesterday I stopped at the body shop again and talked to the manager about my offer.  Much to my delight, he didn't say "Hell no"; he asked for some info on the car, and said he'd talk with the shop owner.  If this would work out, I would be able to have two problems taken care of at one time:  getting my Blazer fixed and getting rid of the BMW.  But with my luck and track record, something tells me it's not going to be that easy.

Stay tuned.  As always, I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: