Friday, October 25, 2013

Flashback Friday

At times, it's still hard to believe that Grandma died 14 years ago this week.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of her, and at times, I still feel like I should not be back here in what used to be "her room" for fear I'll leave a mess.  She died during her favorite time of the year -- major league baseball playoffs and the World Series.  

Grandma was a huge baseball fan, and she loved Reggie Jackson.  So she would root for whichever team Reggie was playing with at the time.  During the playoffs, she would even miss her favorite soap operas to watch the afternoon games. For the evening games, she'd get her bath early in order to be in her chair before the first pitch. 

Her son/my Dad is a lot like her.  A few weeks ago when the playoff games were on in the afternoons, he and Mom missed "The Young and the Restless" in order to watch the games.  And in the evenings, he's in his recliner and raring to go while the pregame show is on.  And I've been watching the games right along side of him from my spot on the couch.  I think Grandma would be proud. 

No comments: