Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Day In Infamy

T
This was the scene at about 9:45 this morning from our parking lot at work.  For the second time in about 15 years, someone crossed over the middle line and crashed into cars in our parking lot at work.  Yep, the red SUV in the picture is my beloved Blazer, and yes, the car belonging to the kid that caused the damage ended up just to the side of my Blazer, not before smashing in the front of my SUV.  He wasn't hurt, but there were 6 cars, not including his, plus the fence and the utility pole that was damaged. 

On the bright side, my Blazer did start and I was able to drive it across the street to the body shop.  But it's an old car, and most likely the kid's insurance company will total it and I will end up getting screwed over bigtime for something that was not my fault.

I've felt a myriad of emotions today -- I cried, I laughed, I was mad, and I even got sick at my stomach and threw up.  The kid that caused the damage fell asleep - he admitted it to the police taking the info - and he didn't have a scratch on him, thank the Lord.  But like I said, I know I will end up getting screwed and will have to pay for something that was not my fault.  As JFK said, life is not fair.

No comments: