Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Missed The Amber Alert

I saw an interesting sight on my way home from work today.  In front of me in the rush-home traffic was a 90s Mustang that caught my eye.  It wasn't the car that caught my attention, but the big writing on the rear window of the car.  There, written in white shoe polish in big bold letters for all to see was the following: "CPS kidnapped my baby!"  Now, that's something you sure don't see every day.   Had it said "For sale" or "Cold A/C", I wouldn't have given it a second glance, but when I saw the "CPS kidnapped my baby!", it sure caught my attention. 

The car sped ahead of me in the traffic, and I did my best to catch up to it so I could snoop and look inside to see who was driving, but I never had the chance.  All I could do was just let my imagination take over.  I knew that Larry Birkhead and his baby arrived in Louisville today, and from watching "Entertianment Tonight" I was pretty sure that CPS hadn't taken Dannielynn away from him, so it had to be someone else. 

On the rest of the way home, I thought about what would actually precipitate CPS to actually take a child away from a home, and I generalized that they must have done it for a good, legitimate reason.  Child Protective Services just do not come into a home and take away a child for no good reason; the child's life has to be in danger.  So after reasoning that the child that was allegedly kidnapped was being taken care of by the state, I didn't think too much about it until I got home. Then the wheels started turning again - what did the kid's parents do to make the state take the baby away from them?  Were they running a meth lab in their home?  Were they crack heads and neglected their baby? Or did they just make a bad decision that caused the state to take the baby away from them?  I'll never really know. 

No comments: