Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

A week ago, I asked Mom what she would like to do for Mothers Day -- the sky was the limit.  Some mothers would have said "Take me to X Restaurant for dinner" or "Get me a dozen of Y flowers."  She didn't hesitate to say "I'd like to fix some chicken in the rotisserie and have Lenora and Polly and Dr. Joe for dinner after church."  I ask you - could that request have been any more unselfish?  It's yet one more example of my Mother's giving and unconditional love for her friends.  Not a day goes by that I don't pray that I'm one tenth of the kind, giving person my mother is.

TWIT would like to wish a very happy Mothers Day to all of the women faithful readers that are reading this.  Even though you might not be a dictionary "mother", there's not a woman out there that doesn't have people that look up to her and that look to her for advice, guidance, or a shoulder to lean on.  To all of the women that read this, I salute you. 

No comments: