Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Age Is Just A Number

I just returned from a spur-of-the-moment visit at Diva Stacy's home.  She had one of the worst days in her tenure at AAA, and she was in need of rescuing.  What better to put her in a good mood than watching our favorite videos on You Tube.  Actually, I believe the Patron that I brought helped, too, but Tiny Elvis and Pearl The Landlord made us both laugh.  After we watched our favorite joke videos, I started looking for some music videos, and we watched about an hour's worth of Ann and Nancy Wilson from the Divas' favorite rock group Heart.  We watched a concert video clip from 2000, and then took a walk down memory lane and watched some clips from 1977.   As we were starting the second video from 1977, it dawned on us both that that was thirty years ago.  It seemed like yesterday that we were down in Diva Stacy's basement listening to our Heart records as we sang along and played the guitar with the records. 

She had an awesome stereo, and we would crank it up as we played "Barracuda" and "Crazy On You."  I wasn't content to just sing along - I would lug over my first amplifier and my guitar and I would play along with the records as we sang.  Actually, before I had my license, one of the 'Rents would drive me and my gear over. But I digress.  Were quite good for teenagers, I have to say.  Our love for music was one of the things that made the Divas become friends back in the day, and it's a thread that has been woven into our lives ever since.  But it seemed weird tonight to think that we first listened to Heart thirty years ago.  It sure doesn't seem that long ago.

I know we're not kids any more; hell, we're what most people consider middle-age.  But we still had a hard time comprehending that it was thirty years ago.  But we don't feel middle-age.  I'd bet that most twenty-something girls could not have kept up with our pace at this January's DLV2 trip.  I don't know too many that could have worked a full day at the office, came home and packed, slept for only a few hours because they were so excited, flew to Las Vegas, and stay up for over 24 hours. We can do anything that the young girls can do; only we need a nap. 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Heart song lyrics:
It was a rainy night when he came into sight
Standing by the road
no umbrella
no coat
So I pulled up along side and I offered him a ride
He accepted with a smile so we drove for a while
I didn't ask him his name
this lonely boy in the rain
Fate tell me it's right
is this love at first sight
Please don't make it wrong
just stay for the night

All I wanna do is make love to you
Say you will
You want me too
All I wanna do is make love to you
I've got loving arms to hold on too

So we found this hotel
it was a place I knew well
We made magic that night. Oh
he did everything right
He brought the woman out of me
so many times
easily
And in the morning when he woke all I let him was a note
I told him 'I am the flower you are the seed'
We walked in the garden we planted a tree
Don't try to find me
please don't you dare
Just live in my memory
you 'll always be there

All I wanna do is make love to you
One night of love was all we knew
All I wanna do is

Anonymous said...



AND YOU THOUGHT I ONLY LISTENED TO ROY....WELL, MOSTLY ONLY......LOL