Friday, October 14, 2005

You Do The Math

Transcript from a conversation overheard today at Annie's Pizza. 
Characters:  a former PAT and Diane, the manager of Annie's Pizza (also the daughter of the owner)
Background: the former PAT was in front the counter, ordering his lunch. Diane was working the cash register. The former PAT looked at the menu, and then checked his wallet for cash. 

Former PAT: How much is the buffet?
Diane:  $6.57.  It's all you can eat pizza, salad and soft drinks.  That also includes tax.
Former PAT: Damn, that's a lot. How much is the steak hoagie?
Diane: $7.87, including tax. Your drink is not included.
Former PAT: I'll have the steak hoagie, and a large Coke. 

Folks, I don't make this stuff up.  I'm sorry that I didn't look at the patch on the former PAT's work shirt - I should have found out where he works and made a note never to call him if I have a job where math is involved. 

No comments: