Monday, October 3, 2005

New Product Review

I've mentioned previously in TWIT how much I love Hostess Ho-Hos and King Dons.  There's some imitations in the stores, and unfortunately Little Debbie's Swiss Rolls can't even come close to the taste.  A friend in Philadelphia sent me some of the northeast's beloved Tastey Kakes, but they too were pale by comparison to the Ho-Hos and King Dons.  None of the chocolate and cream treats could touch the Hostess products until now.  Folks, our friends at Entemann's have outdone theirselves with Ente-Mini Chocolate Rounds.  Two words:  they rock.

I give major props to my fellow Diva Stacy for turning me onto these.  It just so happened that Stacy called me Saturday while I was en route to the store.  The first words out of her mouth were "Girl, you've got to get to Krogers and try Ente-Minis."  I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong.  She also advised that since there were only six in a box, I should maybe get two boxes.  Far be it for me to not take friendly advice.  I'm glad I did.  They tasted exactly like Ho-Hos and King Dons.  They're not hockey puck shaped like King Dons, nor are they cylindrical like Ho-Hos, but the taste is identical.  There's rich chocolate icing and cream filling in every bite.  My family and our Canadian houseguest ate a box Saturday night before we went to bed.  I'm sure our guest will take a box or two back with her to Perrault Falls, Ontario.

Go out and buy a box or two of the Ente-Mini Chocolate Rounds today.  You'll be glad you did.   Chocolate Rounds have the TWIT seal of approval.

No comments: