Sunday, October 2, 2005

Link Of The Week

It's been over a month since the devastating Hurricane Katrina destroyed parts of Louisiana and Mississippi, but we're still hearing reports about people being forced to leave their beloved pets behind when they were evacuated.  If a disaster of that proportion hit Louisville, I honestly do not know how my family and I would handle it if we were forced to leave our beloved Pancho and Pedro behind.  I don't think I could do it.  And when people did take their pets with them, a lot were turned away at the evacuation shelters. 

Lobbyists have gotten together, and a new bill has been introduced to Congress that will require federal evacuation plans to protect our pets.  Take a couple of minutes today and sign a petition that will be sent to Congress.  Just go to http://go.care2.com/e/g_O/Bd/IHp6 and sign the petition.  Let's protect our beloved pets. 

No comments: