Sunday, October 16, 2005

Link Of The Week

In elementary school and middle school, and even on in my high school and college years, I was the one that everybody hit up to borrow albums, tapes and now, CDs.  I never minded - being the organized [almost to the point of anal] person I was, I had them all written down and categorized, so it was just like checking a book out of the library.  I could tell you who borrowed what and when.  I also borrowed records and clothes from my friends, who also were anal and had their things logged in. Today, with Word, Excel and Access, we can log in and categorize all of our belongings, making them much, much easier to keep track of if we loan them out. We can put those home inventory programs to use by joining BorrowMe.  Just to got http://www.borrowme.com and sign up, and you will be on your way to loaning and borrowing cool stuff.  Virtually any item is fair game at Borrow Me - not just records or clothes that we borrowed and loaned as teenagers; we can borrow and loan yard and garden equipment, seasonal decorations, tools, you name it. 

It only takes a minute to sign up, so do it today.  I might want to borrow something from you.  Give us another week or two for the new to wear off, and you can borrow our bocce ball game. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok - really great post.  Sounds like you're a natural. Thanks.

The 'private-beta' site is now active.  We're notifying mailing list members slowly.. so if you haven't gotten your email invite yet I wanted to invite you come on down and get going, enter some stuff and give us some feedback!  It's not especially elegant yet, but we'll get there.

http://beta.borrowme.com/peek/charter
(If you have any trouble getting in – just let me know).

Thanks again for sharing BorrowMe with your readers.  I hope we can make it a valuable tool in your life.  Please excuse the fact that is a bit clunky for now.  We'll make it elegant with everyone's input. Maybe even better than the inventory programs you mentioned (one day).

Cheers,
Sean, President & Captain BorrowMe