Wednesday, February 13, 2008

They Don't Keep Going, And Going, And Going

Yesterday was one of the strangest days I've had in a long time.  It had nothing to do with the snow and ice, and it had nothing to do with the fact that I'm coming down with a cold.  It was strange because I had to replace batteries in seven different things.  No, I am not exagerating.  And they were all AA batteries, too.

The day started out with me having to put new batteries in the digital camera so I could take a picture of Dad using the snow blower for the first time.  Next came my small MP3 player that I only use when I walk.  It was dead so I had to replace the batteries so I could jam with my tunes while doing my daily mile.  Before leaving for work, I had to put new batteries in my mini Mag Lite so Dad could use it to check out something on the snowblower.  Once I got home from work yesterday evening, it started all over again.  I had to replace the batteries in the cordless mouse and cordless keyboard at the computer desk.  And last but certainly not least, I had to replace the batteries in the cable TV remote and the VCR remote. 

Each of those seven items took two AA batteries, so you can do the math and come up with a total of fourteen batteries that were used yesterday.  That's a lot of batteries.  But thank goodness we buy them in a twenty-pack so we always have plenty of AA batteries on hand.  Good thing, huh?

And on a totally unrelated note, in addition to the battery replacement yesterday, Dad had to replace two burned out light bulbs.  They just don't make these things to last anymore, do they?

No comments: