Monday, February 18, 2008

My Newest Toy

                  

My contract with Verizon is up in a couple of weeks, and for the past month I've been researching and shopping for my new cell phone.  I'm on the "new in two" plan, so every two years when my contract is up, I'm eligible for a great deal on a new phone.  If the phone is less than $50, I get it free.  If it's more than $50, I get $50 off.  You can't beat a deal like that.  I read and researched, and finally decided that the very cool LG enV phone.  My RazR was ok, but I got tired of ordering new caller ID screens from eBay every other month because they cracked almost every time you even looked at the caller ID display.

I got a great deal on the phone - it was on sale for a Valentine's Day special for $129, and I got the $50 off for the "new in two" deal plus an additional $50 rebate.  So I got a heck of a deal.  Of course, Damon the Verizon CSR tried his hardest to get me to pay an additional $49.99 for the accessory pack, but after doing some quick math in my head I figured I could get everything in their accessory pack for about $20 on eBay.  I also changed my plan to include unlimited texting so I can take full advantage of the [small] QWERTY keyboard on the new phone, which you can see in the above picture.  Just close it up when you're finished texting and it's a normal cell phone.

Another cool feature the enV has is the SD card.  I can download my phone numbers, photos, and ringtones and in two years when I get a new phone, just pop the SD card into the new phone and I won't have to spend an evening rearranging and reprogramming phone numbers and names like I've done tonight.  It also has a 2.0 mega pixel camera - which is a considerably better than my first digital camera.  It even has a zoom on it, and a lens cover, too; at least I won't have to worry about scratching that on the phone. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever think the ideas of cell phones first originated with the Star Trek series, LOL.  Beam me up!  That is one swell toy!