Monday, February 4, 2008

Favorite Super Bowl Commercial

If you've been a long-time faithful reader of TWIT, then you know that ever since the inception of TWIT, on the Monday following the Super Bowl I have posted my top ten favorite commercials shown during the Super Bowl.  Unfortunately, just as the Patriots' winning streak stopped last night, my streak of top ten favorite Super Bowl commercials stopped, too.  Faithful readers, after watching last night's commercials, I would have been hard pressed to even come up with a top three. I thought they were all lame except for one; and that commercial gets the distinction of TWIT's Favorite Super Bowl Commercial. The award goes to our dear friends at Budweiser for their awesome commercial that showed the Dalmation dog training the Clydedale horse. 

Even the folks at Career Builder had lame commercials - they could have at least had one commercial featuring the very popular chimpanzees.  And while we're at it, Bud Light should have brought back Cedric the Entertainer for another awesome commercial.  But no.  Maybe next year.

At first I thought maybe it was just me; I had a lot on my mind last night, and I thought that maybe I didn't pay full attention to the commercials like I should have.  But after talking with co-workers this morning, most people felt the same way.  So now I don't feel so bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Career Builder commercial where the girl's heart bursts out of her chest, sprouts little legs, marches down the hall and tells the slimey boss "I Quit" has to be one of my all time favorite commercials.  I've watched it on the internet at least a dozen times since Sunday.  

Maybe it's because I'm so discontented with my job right now.