Friday, February 8, 2008

Flashback Friday

                  

You probably don't know this about me, but I have a thing for glasses and coffee cups. It started when I was a little girl, and just kept on through the years.  The more bizarre and one-of-a-kind, the better.  Currently, my favorite glass at home is one with Twinkie The Kid on it.  It's worn and faded from almost daily use, but I just love it.  As for my coffee cups, during the week day mornings as I'm getting ready for work I drink my coffee in a cup from a collection of china coffee cups.  On the weekends, I usually drink my coffee from my Elvis Presley "Thank You, Thank You Very Much" cup. 

As a kid, my favorite cup was the awesome Nesafe world globe cup.  It was very heavy and thick, and I would drink my hot chocolate or hot tea out it.  Looking back, I'm pretty sure that Mom and Grandma gave me the cup because it was so durable and heavy and wouldn't break easily if I dropped it.  We just had one of these cups at home, but a friend of ours, Geneva, had a complete set.  Whenever Mom and Dad would go up there to visit, she would serve them coffee out of one of the world globe cups, and would pour Pepsi in one of them for me, too.  When I was little, we would often go down to Geneva and her husband Chuck's small house at Nolin Lake.  Darned if she didn't have a set of the world globe mugs there, too. 

Mom and I have had a bad week in regards to breaking cups and glasses; maybe I should get us a set of these heavy cups. 

No comments: