Friday, February 29, 2008

Flashback Friday

I did some research in preparation for this week's Flashback Friday, and I have to honestly say that my findings scare me: it was just ten short years ago this month that the number one song on the charts was Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On".   Why, it just seems like yesterday that the syrupy-sappy song was all we heard on the radio.  Anyone that knows me knows that I've always despised that song.  So when I discovered that it was the number one song this week ten years ago, I had to make myself write about it this week. 

Sure, the song was on the soundtrack for one of the biggest grossing movies of all time; but that alone is enough to scare me.  I've never liked Leonardo Decaprio, so I wasn't interested in the least to see the movie.  And I'm probably one of the few people in the country that has never seen "Titanic."  I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.  I know that plot of the movie, and know the story line about the infamous necklace, but from the first time I heard the theme song, I knew that I just could not watch the movie. 

It's not that I'm not romantic or sentimental; on the contrary.  I'm probably one of the most romantic and sentimental people you'll find.  It's just that I hated "My Heart Will Go On" and thus that made me hate the movie, even though I never watched it.  I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this song is ok! it's not one of my favorites of her's but they did over play it! WOW has that movie been out that long?

Sharon