Monday, February 11, 2008

An Exciting Day At Work

This was a very exciting day at work for two reasons - first of all, the place a-buzz with talk of the big snowstorm that hit just as we were getting ready to leave work.  All day long we kept vigilant watch on Dopplar radar at various websites to track the storm.  We were as excited and antsy as the school kids were, but let me tell you they have a way better chance of a snow day tomorrow than we will at work.  As I type this, they're calling for 6-8 inches of snow here in the 'Ville, with up to half an inch of ice on top of that.  Lovely.  It was already getting slick when I made the trip home from work.  And let me be the first to say that BMW sedans, no matter how big and heavy they are, were not made for snow and slick roads.  My normal 15 minute trip home took an hour, but I made it safe and sound.   We're hoping that the ice stays away so we can finally be able to fire up the snowblower that we've waited three winters to use. 

The second reason the office and plant was giddy with excitement was that today marks the start of the ZCO Biggest Loser contest.  We've got teams of four people competing, and the team that losest the most weight in 8 weeks gets a pretty hefty cash prize.  The Biggest Loser individually also gets a $200 gift card to a sporting goods store.  My team, aptly named The Four Losers, are all stoked and ready.  I'm especially pumped up - last Saturday I started doing my daily walk, and as of today, I'm very proud to say I've lost 5 pounds since the daily walk started.  Unfortunately, that won't count toward our Biggest Loser contest, but I'm thrilled nonetheless.  The next weigh-in is four weeks from today.  I'll keep you posted on my team's progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Toro is on standby awaiting the three inch plus snow threshold when the machine works most efficiently.  Even though the snowthrower is a workhorse with tremendous wielding power and will startle the neighbors at 9:00p, they will writhe with envy as the machine plows through ice and snow like buttah leaving a clean shaven driveway.