Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another Sign Of The Apocolypse

It's almost 5:30 as I type this, and the Rents and I left the house shortly after 10:00 this morning to go over to the VFW post to help get things ready for our special cancer research fundraiser bingo. We worked almost non-stop all day long.  I took a half hour break at around noon and went out and walked around the parking lot 7 times so I could get in my mile walk, but other than that and taking a few minutes to eat, we were hopping.  I called the bingo so the regular bingo caller, who is the Auxiliary's cancer program chairwoman, could work the floor and oversee the operation.  I reluctantly agreed to call bingo for her, but after the disasterous cancer program bingo back in October, I told her that if there was the least bit of drama from the WT players yelling at me for making a mistake, I was walking out. 

So, I went there to the post this morning with expections that there would be drama; at our post, there's always drama.  As I've mentioned before, they make everything a drama. But today was a first -- there was no drama at the bingo.  None.  No, that wasn't a typo - I did say that there was no drama at the bingo.  The players all behaved, and they didn't get all crazy like they usually do when there's free food involved.  I only made one slight error (I put the #41 ball in the hole for #42) but noone even yelled at me for it; one player sitting close to the bingo machine just simply pointed it out.  And best all, there was no drama among the workers.  We were anticipating a brawl between the regular bingo caller and another Auxiliary member over a donated cake, but they both kept their distance and to my knowledge they didn't even speak to each other.  Yes, this is definitely another sign of the Apocolypse.

No comments: