Saturday, February 23, 2008

Biggest Loser Update

With my cold last week getting the best of me, I totally forgot to give an update on the Biggest Loser competition.  This past Monday, I wore the same type of clothes that I wore at the previous Monday's weigh-in so things would be equal and I weighed on the official Biggest Loser scales in the HR department.  I was shocked to see that I had lost 8.4 pounds the previous week.  I owe it largely to my daily walking and veggies with my lunches instead of my beloved Dorito chips and Little Debbie cakes. 

We had a retirement dinner yesterday for one of the guys in the Engineering department, and I knew that I would be eating a bit more than I normally eat at lunch, so in preparation I doubled my daily walking distance and walked at least 2 miles every day this week.  I'm going to try and keep up the 2 miles quota every day.  It's sure helped walking during our two breaks at work, especially since it's been so cold and wet and icy out.  I'm not ashamed to admit that my walk this afternoon down on the floodwall wasn't real fun with the cold and wind, but I was determined and got in my 2 miles before coming home and crashing. 

I promise I'll be more timely on my Biggest Loser reports and will let you know how I did Monday afternoon.  I'll also check in with my three team members and let you know their progress. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful but a lot to lose in one week!  I am inspired by your walking.  I know that is what is holding me back largely in my own quest is the lack of exercise.  Keep going!

Anonymous said...

I am VERY proud of you.  You have been working very hard.  Go Girl!!!