Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What A Feeling

I'm not sure where to begin today's blog entry, faithful readers. My emotions and feelings are all over the map today. For the first time in almost 21 years at my job at ZCO, I actually had a meltdown today at work. Fortunately for my reputation, nobody saw it; it happened at my desk when nobody else was in the cube. I melted down, felt angry, shed a few tears and then got it all back together. But I accomplished a few things during the meltdown.

For starters, I faced an issue head-on and didn't run away from it. I can't say that the issue was resolved but at least I faced it and dealt with it instead of just backing down and running from it. The next lesson I learned was I don't always have to be the strong one and deal with everything. There's over 100 other people in my office that are capable of helping and dealing with issues, too. Another thing I learned is that sometimes there are no answers to the issue or problem. That was probably the most difficult part of in dealing with all of the crap that went on today.

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Hang in there......we don't always have to be the zookeeper at the Zoo