Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Want To Move

While running errands during my lunch break today, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to move. I don't want to move far away; just across the road would be fine. It's not that I don't love where The Compound is. It's just that I want to live on the other side of the street so I can use one of the cool mailboxes with doors that open on both ends.

Until today at lunch, I had no idea such a thing existed. But I was stopped in traffic on the road and saw a kid come out of their house and reach in the mailbox through a door on the back of it and though how effin cool is that? No more risking your life getting out on the road to get your mail!! I immediately wanted one, but there's only one problem: our mailbox is across the street. So to access the back door on it, I would have to walk behind the mailbox, and would still have to cross the busy street to get to it.

After careful consideration I decided I'll just stay put, and hope that the USPS will change their rules some day soon and move the mailboxes to our side of the street. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: