Friday, July 23, 2010

Flashback Friday

Today was vacation eve at work. I'd hoped for an easy day - get everything caught up and maybe even ahead so my coworkers would have an easy week of taking care of my stuff while I was off. If only. It was one of the busiest days that I've had in a few months at work. About an hour before lunch, my mind drifted back to when I was still in elementary or high school, and would be at home right now instead of work, and would be anticipating the coming week's vacation trip.

Back in the day, I would be going over my checklist of things that I wanted to pack, to make doubly sure that everything on my list was in my suitcase and bags. Today, I was going over a checklist to make sure all of my schedules were covered.

I'm sorry to disappoint my memory, but there won't be any big vacation trip next week - just a week at home with hopefully nothing to do or no place to go. I hope it will stay that way.

No comments: