Friday, July 9, 2010

Flashback Friday


This afternoon at work, we started reminiscing about cool old school drive-ins that sold root beer, and the first thing that came to my mind was Dog 'n' Suds. Currently at the old Dog 'n' Suds is a seafood restaurant but to me, that location will always be the home of Dog 'n' Suds.
The place was awesome. There seats inside or you could order outside and they'd bring your drinks and food to our car. You could pay extra and get to keep the root beer mug, and just keep on bringing it back for them to fill up. I don't even need to mention that somewhere in the archives here at The Compound I still have my miniature Dog 'n' Suds mug. But I digress.
Then we got on the topic of root beer, and how it's an all-or-nothing thing -- either you love it or you hate. And interestingly enough, I think more people that I know hate then love it. I might be a minority. Dad and I love it, but Mom and Grandma and Diva Stacy hate it. Go figure.
Anynoo. I was just thinking back to the days of the Dog 'n' Suds drive-in, and how we'd go there on Saturday nights and get a frosty mug of root beer. It rocked. I sure wish I could do that today.

No comments: