Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wednesday Updates

I thank you, faithful readers, for your concern and emails about the meltdown yesterday. I'm doing much, much better today. I will go on record and say that I have the best faithful readers of any blogger out there.

I'm happy to report that the tomatoes are ready to pick daily in the 'Rents' garden. If only the weather would cooperate -- for the past 5 or 6 days now, we've had early morning rain storms that have made the garden muddy so the 'Rents have to wait till unfortunately the heat of the day for the ground to dry out so they can get in and pick. But when they do pick, they're getting tomatoes by the bucket full.

I'm also happy to report that next week is finals week for the current class I'm taking, and I'll be glad to get the final exam over early next week so I can have the rest of the week to goof off, as I am taking the week off. As of now, I have nothing planned except a trip to the zoo with the 'Rents and a couple of lunch dates, and that's the way I want to keep it.

On a less happier note, I'd like to ask a big favor from all of my faithful readers. I'd like for you to say a prayer for little Brooklynn. She's the great-granddaugther of a friend, and she was born a month ago this coming Saturday. She came into this world two months early. She weighed 2 pounds, 13 ounces. She's hanging in there and is fiesty, but just yesterday they discovered she has an infection in her bowel. She's on antibiotics for the next 7-14 days, and if that doesn't work, they'll have to do surgery. Last night they put her on the ventilator, to let her little lungs take a break and have time to get stronger. She's hanging in there, and the doctors are very opitmistic. But please say a prayer for her, and spread the word to your friends and family to add her to their prayer list, too.

No comments: