Friday, July 16, 2010

Heatwave Update

I can't quote the exact number, but we're still deep in the midst of the big heat wave. Last night at about 9:00, I ran up to our 'hood Wal-Mart, and when I left the house at 9:05 it was 92 degrees. That is just wrong on so many levels.

For the past week I've been doing my daily riding inside on the recumbent bike in air conditioned comfort, but even then I'm still sweating, so it's not all fun and games. But the heat wave has just been brutal. Even the 'Rents have changed their workday patterns, and are out working in the garden when I leave for work.

The forecast next week isn't very promising - upper 90's for the next week and a half. In the evenings when I go to bed I just thank the Lord for His blessings and His grace, and for LG&E and Trane air conditioners for my cool comfort.

No comments: