Friday, July 30, 2010

Flashback Friday

One day this week during my time off, the 'Rents and I loaded up the car and headed out to the east end to visit one of the first big malls that the city built. We would visit there about twice a year when I was a kid; if I didn't have a meltdown when I went to the dentist (which was just a mile from the mall) Mom and Dad would take me to the mall and buy me an Orange Julius. Only back in the day, the shop wasn't called "Orange Julius" - it was called the "Orange Bar". But I digress. Flash forward to this week's visit to the mall. It's about three times the size as it was back in the day, and I'm very happy to report that you can still get an Orange Juilus there. We tried to remember and keep track, and other than Orange Julius there were only a few other stores that are still in the mall that were there back in the day - Knotts Shoes, Spencer Gifts and J.C. Penneys.

We walked through the mall, and I got an Orange Julius for old time's sake, but it just wasn't the same. Half-way through out walk through the mall, we all three started walking faster so we could hurry up and make it through there and leave. It reminded me once again why I hate malls.

1 comment:

Toots said...

Not the same at all. Back in the day wasn't there raw egg in an OJ? Can't do that today.