Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Burger Of The Month

With all of the restaurants in this country, I'm pretty sure TWIT could come up with a Burger Of The Month - a specialty burger that is served only at that particular restaurant. But in case we don't publish one a month, forgive me. That being said, I'd like to introduce you to the pride of Hodad's in San Diego, the Bacon Burger.

I hope that my description will give you the full visual of this burger. They take a pound of bacon, boil it, and then fry it on a grill with a heavy iron press on top of it, forming it into a patty, and then they serve it in between slices of cheese and a pretty good-sized hamburger patty. With the lettuce, tomato and onion, this monstrosity is over six inches tall.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I would like to try about a fourth of this thing. Sure, I'd have to pedal a few extra miles to work it off but I think it would be well worth it. Just think - most of the bacon cheeseburgers you order in the fast food joints or even fancier restaurants only come with 2 or 3 slices of bacon; this one is an entire thick patty of bacon. I can feel my arteries closing already.

1 comment:

Toots said...

I'd split one with ya!