Saturday, July 31, 2010

R.I.P., Dave

I woke up to some very sad news this morning - a coworker from the factory was killed last night in a car wreck. I got to know Dave when I first started in the Production department because he worked on one of the lines that I scheduled. Over the years we chatted mostly about music, especially old school country, and he would always make a comment whenever I wore one of my Tammy Fest t-shirts.

I was off work this week on vacation, but actually thought of Dave a couple of days ago, when Mom brought in some gigantic heads of garlic from the garden. Dave had given us some of the "elephant garlic" as he called it a few years ago, and Mom planted some and just this week she said for me to bring a few heads of garlic to Dave when I got back to work next week.

I guess this bothers me a little more than it normally would because just a few days ago I celebrated "Life Day" and did some reflecting on my wreck 18 years ago. Life is fragile and you can't take it for granted. I know Dave didn't.

No comments: