Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's THAT Time Of The Year

It's THAT time of the year, faithful readers - the time where I drop multiple hints for the 'Rents to flip the switch on the A/C here at The Compound, but to no avail. I thought for sure when I got home today the house would be nice and cool but no. I don't know why I got my hopes up.
Last year, they turned it on before I even had a chance to whine and drop hints but I think they're making up for it this year.

Needless to say, I don't have to tell you that I hate this time of year. I haven't slept good in over a week because I've had my window open during the night and can hear all of the bird chirping and all of the traffic. Never mind that just about every night for the past week I've had to get up during the night to close the window because it's rained. But I digress. I guess I can only hope that the temperatures will soar to the 90's and make the 'Rents uncomfortable enough to turn on the air. As always, I'll keep you posted and report back when the switch gets flipped here at The Compound.

No comments: