Friday, May 28, 2010

Flashback Friday

This week's Flashback Friday is brought to you courtesy of my best friend and faithful reader, Diva Stacy. She knew I was experiencing some major computer issues in addition to being sick with a bad cold, so she offered to share a Flashback this week.

When I was very young, I would sit and listen to my older sister's records. Beatles, Monkees, Jimi Hendrix...you name it. I'd sit upstairs in our bedroom which was a converted attic, and sing for hours and hours.

This morning on the drive to work, I heard an old song and it made me flash back to what I thought was a fun memory. The song was "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James and the Shondells. I remember how I devised what I thought was a clever plan when I performed the song. The attic was hot, and I had an old box fan up there to keep cool. I pulled it over next to the record player and at the end of the song where Tommy James' voice sounds all psychodelic and broken, I would sing into the fan. Worked like a charm. I guess you could call it 1969 Special FX. Ah, the good old days!

No comments: