Saturday, May 15, 2010

Happy Tour de Cure Day

In case you didn't know, today was Tour de Cure Day - the annual bicycle ride to raise money and awareness for the American Diabetes Association. I'm going to pat myself on the back and report that I was the 3rd biggest individual fundraiser, with a total of $1,100.

The weather couldn't have been any better - it was cool when we started, but humid. At least it wasn't raining and storming like it was on last year's Tour de Cure. The route consisted of about quite a few hills, but even with my old school three-speed Schwinn I was able to make it up and down the hills along with the hardcore cyclists on their multi-thousand-dollar bikes. But I made it through the 20 miles, thanks to my iPod full of tunes and my camelback water resevior.

All in all, it was a great ride. I'm thrilled to be able to do my part and raise money to hopefully find a cure one day for diabetes. And I'm proud to say that I pedaled everyone of the 20 miles for my Mom.

1 comment:

Toots said...

Great job Puddin!!!