Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mad Daycare Owner Update

I'm very very happy to report that the situation with the Mad Daycare Owner has finally been resolved.  After procrastinating for over a month because I'm just not a confrontational person, it's all over, and I have two co-workers, RP and JW to thank.  Every morning, when I would get to work, JW would ask if I had gotten my money from the Mad Daycare Owner, and each time I would tell him no, because deep down I was a wuss.  Yesterday, he and RP mentioned this a few times, and RP even offerred to go over and get the money for me.  Not wanting someone else to fight my battles, I told her I appreciated the offer.  She told me "It's time for you to just put on your big girl pants and go get your money."  Well, after a pep talk like that, how could I back down?

I called the Mad Daycare Owner from my cell as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, and simply reminded her that she still owed me $69.  She said "Oh, I thought they paid you."  I said "They? Who is 'they'?" She then said she'd mail me a check.  I told her no, and that I would be by the daycare in about ten minutes to pick up the check.  I got there, and the check was waiting for me.  I wanted to go off on her, but I didn't want to stoop to her level.  I was calm, and before I turned to leave, I told her "My parents and I only tried to help you out. I'm sorry this turned into such a drama.  But I think we've all learned a valuable lesson from it."

I couldn't wait to see JW and RP this morning when I got to work, to tell them what I did and to thank them for hounding me about it.  We decided it might have been more effective if we'd dressed up like gangstas and went to the daycare and tossed a pair of tennis shoes over the utility wires to show they'd been marked as gang territory. 

No comments: